Division: Enrollment Management
Department: Graduate and Adult Admissions
Reports To: Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management - Graduate and Adult Admissions
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Dominican University is seeking a Graduate Admissions Counselor to be responsible for leading the recruitment effort by evaluating and admitting graduate and adult undergraduate students to the University. Accountable for meeting enrollment goals from inquiry to admittance and enrollment for assigned graduate and adult programs. Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned.
· Contribute to and lead recruitment events and initiatives such as campus events, alumni programs, electronic recruitment and promotional items, etc.
· Provide complete service to assigned graduate and adult students – gather application materials, interview students, conduct regular telephone contact.
· Review adult undergraduate student files including transcripts, applications, and supplemental documentation for evaluation purposes.
· Prepare graduate applications for final review by program directors.
· Interview prospective students and provide recommendations to program directors.
· Liaison with Marketing Department on advertising content for collateral.
· Assist in managing communication flow with prospective students including data entry.
· Collect and evaluate research data in order to make results driven decisions.
· Initiate and maintain business outreach contacts with employers and community groups.
· Represent the University in all matters related to the recruitment of graduate and adult undergraduate students
· Master’s Degree required
· Higher education work experience desirable for Counselor; minimum of two years experience in higher education for Assistant Director
· Sales, Marketing or related experience desirable
· Experience developing community and business outreach programs
· Demonstrated experience developing and delivering persuasive presentations
· Excellent time management and organization skills with strong attention to detail
· Experience with international student admissions preferred
· Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Current drivers license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
· Extensive walking, standing and lifting of 20 lbs. may be required
Additional Position Information
· Generous benefits package
· Must be willing to consent to a background check
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
· Application deadline: Application review begins immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
· Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
· Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=205
· Click upload Resume/CV button
· For questions on the application process, please contact: email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.